What are these evil spirits we call demons? How can we recognize when and how they are influencing us? And most importantly, how do we fight back?
In Demons, Deliverance, and Discernment, Fr. Mike Driscoll answers all these questions and more. Drawing on his experience as a priest and counselor, and on his research with exorcists, Fr. Driscoll clears up many popular misconceptions about demons and the spirit world and offers sound information and pastoral advice rooted in Catholic tradition, including:
- What we know about demons from history, Scripture, and Church teaching
- How to tell whether personal problems come from mental illnesses or demonic attacks
- What exorcists actually do—and don’t do—when they help people suffering possession
- Why homemade “deliverance ministries” are not a truly Catholic way to counter the influence of demons
- Authentic prayers and practices that will make evil spirits flee—and invite God’s grace into your heart
The devil has designs on our soul and hosts of wickedness who want to win it for him. Know your enemy—read Demons, Deliverance, and Discernment and prepare yourself for the fight.
"I strongly encourage and approve of Demons, Deliverance, and Discernment. If we are to offer Christ's healing to those suffering from either demonic possession or mental disorders, it is vital that we avoid novelty and melodrama. As Fr. Driscoll points out, we must rely on solid Catholic spirituality, and on psychological principles that conform to our Faith."
Most Reverend Daniel R. Jenky, Bishop of Peoria